For any pet lover, their pets are an integral part of their family. If referred to otherwise, on most occasions you will find people with pets getting mighty offended about it.
What kind of pets is one likely to find in a household?
In most houses with pets, the chances of finding a dog as a pet followed by birds and fishes are very high. But there are some people who prefer to have cats as pets as well. Other than that one might also come across people who prefer to keep exotic animals as pets.
What is the benefit of having a cat for a pet?
Cats are extremely independent creatures. They fend for themselves unlike dogs. A few benefits of having cats for a pet are:
- They are self cleaning pets, meaning they make sure they are clean at all points of time.
- They also hunt on their own. So one need not worry about their food all the time.
- Typically they are independent, loving and playful creatures.
- Unlike dogs they do not require constant human company and come and seek you when they feel the need.
- They require less space in the house, with lesser number of toys and accessories needed to keep them happy and entertained.
- They are easier on the pocket, as with a cat you do not need to spend money on training and grooming them.
Are cats loyal to their owners?
Cats are unpredictable creatures in that respect. Yes, they are loyal to their owners but only if they desire to be loyal to them. Face recognition is another thing that cats can’t do with human faces. But they are able to identify their owner with the help of scent, voice and touch.
Do cats need a lot of medical attention?
No, typically cats tend to take care of themselves, but there is always the possibility that it manages to hurt itself and needs to be taken to the vet. In case the cat is getting older then the trips to the vet can increase.
What can one do to be prepared for these expenses?
Just like you buy health insurance for your family members, you can buy cat insurance to be prepared for any such unforeseen instances. Depending on the age and nature of your cat, you can choose a plan that will be the most appropriate for them.
How does one buy cat insurance?
If you are unaware that this kind of facility is also available in the market, then you can go to websites of companies like iSelect. They help you with anything that you need to know about cat insurance and compare policies with iSelect across vendors, so that you can choose what works the best for you and your cat.
Though might sound frivolous to some people having insurance for your pet is a good way to ensure that your pet is always well cared for without adding unnecessary stress on your pocket.